Society of Southwest Archivists
The Oklahoma Department of Libraries (ODL) is accepting applications for the position of Archives and Records Management Director (Administrative Archivist I). It's a pivotal moment in the history of the Department of Libraries for an enthusiastic person with a passion for serving state government to lead and cultivate the Archives and Records Management Department. This person will build a department that fulfills statute requirements, influences the collection layout for an upcoming renovation, and develops an innovative digital collection platform that will bring our online collections to life.
The Archives and Records Management Director (Administrative Archivist I) provides leadership, strategic vision, collection development oversight, program strategy, and budget management for the State Archives and Records Management Department. They plan, develop, implement, and monitor program functions relating to appraisal, arrangement, description, access, preservation, and maintenance of records to ensure quality access and preservation of the permanent government records of Oklahoma. They direct and supervise archival and records management staff, advise and foster collaboration with state agencies on archives and records management best practices, and promote the Archives and State Records programs through outreach programs, educational presentations, and grant projects sponsored by the Department on behalf of the Oklahoma Historical Records Advisory Board, which is funded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Salary range is $57,358 to $84,125 depending on education and experience. We offer an excellent benefits package, including:
· A comprehensive health insurance package – medical, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for health care expenses and/or dependent care;
· A generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents;
· Retirement plans: Defined Contribution Plan or Deferred Compensation Plan;
· 15 days of annual leave per year, increasing after five, ten and twenty years of employment;
· 15 sick leave days per year;
· 11 paid annual holidays;
· Longevity bonus after 2 years of service that increases every two years;
· Employee discounts with a variety of companies and vendors;
· Flexible work schedules and hybrid teleworking option.
The work is important, but the right person to take on the work is vital. Join the Oklahoma Department of Libraries and State Archives to preserve state government history by investing in its future.
For more information and to apply, please visit this link. Check us out on YouTube here.
© Society of Southwest Archivists
Contact SSA | Donate | News | Wild Apricot Admin | Site Map