Society of Southwest Archivists
Judd Foundation seeks an Archivist to lead and manage the Foundation’s Archives as a professional repository dedicated to the life and work of the artist Donald Judd. Located in the Marfa, Texas offices of the Foundation, the position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Archivist will be responsible for all aspects of the Archives, including description, preservation, and access to the Foundation’s archival holdings; records management; collection development; and research. Additionally, the Archivist will manage the Foundation’s Special Collections of photography, audio and video material and drawings and must have proficiency in cataloging and metadata standards associated with these materials. The Archivist will manage and execute these activities in accordance with current national archival standards and practices and will implement policies and procedures in support of the collections.
· Manage archival material in all formats, including selection, arrangement, description, preservation, access, research, and outreach.
· Identify priorities for preservation and access to the diverse set of holdings.
· Manage projects related to the Special Collections of the Judd Foundation Archives including drawing and photography cataloging projects.
· Implement and maintain a Foundation-wide record retention policy.
· Oversee internal and external research queries.
· Supervise Archives staff and interns.
· Engage in the expansion of the Archives' resources through a variety of digital initiatives, such as social media, website content enhancement, research guides, and digitization projects.
· Support the work of the Foundation in planning new archive and research facilities.
· Participate in archives and research planning and committee work.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Master's degree from an ALA-accredited library school or equivalent accredited degree, with formal training in archival theory and practice.
· Competitive candidates will have at least 3-5 years relevant work experience, including the supervision of archives staff or interns.
· Demonstrated job or school experience with preservation and conservation standards for archival and manuscript collections.
· Knowledge of Donald Judd, contemporary art and art history preferred.
· Demonstrated excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications and analytical ability.
· Proficient use of FileMaker Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel.
· Flexible and comfortable shifting between priority tasks, as necessary.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week, in Marfa, TX with competitive benefits including full individual healthcare. Two-year contract (renewable). Re-location expenses available. The annual salary range for the position is $67,500-$75,000, commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume with 3 references to Judd Foundation Human Resources at email@example.com with “Archivist” as the subject line. No phone calls, please. Due to the number of submissions, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
© Society of Southwest Archivists
Contact SSA | Donate | News | Wild Apricot Admin | Site Map